Saturday, May 30, 2009

Grassington Road Litter 30th May 2009


This morning I was delivering the Resident Association Information leaflets to my designated section of the estate. It doesn't take to long even though the road is the longest at about 1/2 mile. On the way back up the street I decided to do my usual litter pick and by the time I'd finished was astounded the amount I'd collected.

As you may see from the picture the litter that abuses our streets are mainly drinks can (soft and alcohol), cigarette packets and ice pop packets. It grieves me as the drinks can and cigarette packets are recyclable and the estate has a bi-weekly recycling collection by the council.

No matter what the council could do, unless they had unlimited resources, they could never keep on top of a litter problem in any city. We need resident involvement and pride in where you live
to become the norm again and help us fight this menace.

No comments: